I provide outstanding G1000, instrument, & commercial flight training. My style emphasizes a detailed, practical education that revolves around real world operations. I teach and fly in central Oregon, working out of Eugene (KEUG), although I can also provide instruction in the greater Seattle area out of Paine Field (KPAE), Boeing Field (KBFI), Renton (KRNT), and Arlington (KAWO).
- I offer transition and proficiency training for both the Garmin G1000 and Avidyne Entegra systems, backed up by hundreds of hours spent teaching and flying in glass cockpits;
- as an owner, I have substantial experience in Grumman types (AA-1 and AA-5 series). I standardize new pilots and work on additional ratings;
- I am factory trained on the Cessna 400 Corvalis TT and provide instruction in Columbia 350 & 400 and Cessna 350 & 400 aircraft; and
- my students are well prepared: over 90% have passed on the first attempt, many under the national average for the rating.
My going rate is $50 per hour for flight instruction, up to a maximum of $300 per day for training and delivery or ferry flights. Please note that I do not offer primary instruction unless you own or can provide an insured aircraft.
My Lesson Plans
I created these lesson plans while working on my instructor ratings. Most are pretty old: some have been updated since then, some have not, and some are missing and have yet to be reformatted. You can browse the lesson plan category, which sorts these by revision date.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. You’re welcome to use my lesson plans as a basis for your own, but they must also use this license.
Private Pilot lesson plans
- Fundamentals of flight
- Slow flight
- Proficiency Stalls
- Weight & Balance
- Correlation checkride question bank
Instrument Rating lesson plans
- Flight instruments
- Aircraft systems
- Instrument cockpit check
- Holding procedures
- Intercepting and tracking navaids and DME arcs
- Navigational equipment and operation
- ILS and DME equipment and operation
- Aeronautical decision-making
- RMI and HSI Navigation
- Technically advanced aircraft
- Air Traffic Control Clearances
- Visual maneuvering
- Instrument rating knowledge areas
- IFR cross-country planning and regulations
- Basic instrument flight
- Flight by reference to instruments
- Instrument approaches
- FAA resource guide
- Departure and arrival procedures and clearances
- Arrival and departure outline
- Instrument Proficiency Check plan of action
- Human factors
- Weather products
- Avidyne glass study guide
- FTD plan of action: NDB navigation