The student should gain a working understanding of aircraft weight and balance, including methods for calculation and aircraft limits for flight, and apply it to various scenarios and configurations.
Student can demonstrate the steps required for balancing an aircraft in a variety of situations.
- definition of weight and balance
- terms and their meanings
- basic balance theory
- finding proper empty weight
- finding cg location
- maximum takeoff weight - reasons for use or avoidance
- effects of weight and cg location
- safety: stability, control, performance
- efficiency and performance
- problems and types - comfort with other methods